The top-division European club competes in the UEFA Champions League, which is an annual 스포츠중계 football competition organized by UEFA. UEFA Champions League is one of the most prestigious competitions globally and is described as the “ultimate club competition in European football.” In 2013 the UEFA Champions League final was the most-watched and highest-rated sporting circumstance.
The competition was first held in 1955–56, with Spanish club Real Madrid winning the first five tournaments. Winners from Italy (Internazionale and Juventus) and England (Liverpool) have also been successful. Since the competition was re-branded as the UEFA Champions League in 1992, it has been won by 22 different clubs, with Real Madrid winning a record 13 times. English teams have the second-highest number of victories, with five wins (Manchester United, Liverpool, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, and Chelsea). Spanish teams have the third-highest number of victories, with five wins each (Barcelona and Valencia).
These are the top 10 most successful teams of all time in the UEFA Champions League.
- Real Madrid – The Spanish giants have been the most successful team in the competition’s history, winning it a record 13 times. They have also reached the final on a record 24 occasions.
- AC Milan – The Italian side are second on the list, having won the title seven times, including three in a row between 1989 and 1991. They have also reached the final on 12 occasions.
- Liverpool – The English side had won the competition six times, most recently in 2005 when they came from 3-0 down to beat AC Milan in one of the greatest finals in history. They have also reached the final on seven occasions.
- Barcelona – The Spanish side have won the competition five times, most recently in 2015. They have also reached the final on 11 occasions.
- Bayern Munich – The German side won the competition five times in 2013. They have also reached the final on 10 occasions. They last won the competition in 2020.
- Ajax – The Dutch side is sixth on the all-time list with four titles to their name. They last won the competition in 1995, beating Milan in the final.
- Benfica – The Portuguese outfit has also lifted the trophy on four occasions, but their most recent triumph came back in 1962.
- Porto – Porto is the second most successful Portuguese team in the competition, with two titles to their name. They last won it in 2004, beating AS Monaco in the final.
- Manchester United – The English side has won the competition three times, most recently in 2008. They have also reached the final on five occasions.
- Juventus – The Italian side has won the competition twice, most recently in 1996. They have also reached the final on seven occasions.